Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Friday, April 16, 2010

Brindi still may have a chance to live.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia/story/2010/04/16/ns-brindi-dog-death.html

A Dartmouth provincial court judge will decide April 30 if Brindi the dog should be put to death.

After a hearing Friday, Judge Alanna Murphy reserved decision on whether to have the animal put down as a threat to the public welfare, have it returned to its owner, or hand it to a third party for continuing care.

Geoff Newton, a lawyer for the City of Halifax, argued that Brindi should be put down for the safety of the public and other animals.

Trainer Ted Efthymiadis, hired by the dog's ower, Francesca Rogier, told the court Friday that he doesn't believe that Brindi is an overly aggressive dog.

"There's no reason why she can't be rehabilitated - with proper training and follow-up maintenance training - to be able to be, honestly, like a normal dog," Efthymiadis testified.

Newton questioned the trainer's credentials, and Efthymiadis admitted Brindi could not be assessed at her own home, where she might be more territorial.

The trainer said if the dog is allowed to live, she should never leave her own property without a muzzle.

Rogier has agreed to more training and having the dog wear a muzzle, if her pet's life is spared.

Brindi, a six-year-old Sheppard mix, spent two years at a shelter before she was adopted by Rogier in 2007.

After several aggressive confrontations with other dogs, Brindi was placed under a muzzle order. But in July 2008, she got loose from her East Chezzetcook home and bit another dog.

That's when Halifax by-law officers seized Brindi. The dog was scheduled to be euthanized in August 2008, but the procedure was was postponed after Rogier made her application to the court.

Last month, the judge found Rogier guilty of three violations — letting her dog run loose, ignoring an order for Brindi to wear a muzzle and owning a dog that has attacked another dog.

Murphy agreed to delay sentencing so Rogier could get an animal behaviouralist to assess her dog. Brindi has has been impounded at the SPCA for the last two years.

The city's lawyer is not seeking excessive fines for those convictions, but he wants Brindi put down.

11 comments:

  1. I hope she gets her dog back, but also hope that she will take measures to make SURE that it will not happen again. She needs a good, solid fence not just chicken wire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If she would follow the laws I would agree but she won't. This dog deserves to have an owner who is not the one wanting the pity at the expense of the dog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see the hand writing on the wall, Frannie will not get her dog back, I can only pray that Brindi will be rehomed,however its very unlikely,I think because of Fran's attitude especially in court,she left the Judge with no option but to order Brindi put doen...Now I guess I will be on her sue list from the USA....LOL..... I laugh but its sad...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This whole mess is SAD. The trainer has NO credentials and Fran's agreeing to anything isn't worth a pinch...she does not follow any orders. Past experience shows this. I only wish the Judge rehomes Brindi. This dog does deserve better than she has gotten in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find it interesting that the trainer mentions that Brindi is not an overly agressive dog....then why the need for a shock collar? Makes no sense to me. Also, he mentioned that she can not be assesed at Frans resinence....again, makes no sense. IF this guy is a credible trainer why the need for a shock collar on a dog that isn't 'overly agressive' and why wouldn't he assess Brindi where her behaviour was at it's worst? All at little hokey pokey in my opinion! I think these two humans might actually deserve each other.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh.... he isn't even a legit trainer...still working on it by puter schooling lol. He gave his opinion of the dog before he even seen her...very professional.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fran is a real nut job,I found this on her facebook group, now she is going to try to contact the Judge,for the love of Jesus she has already been warned not to contact the Judge.
    Come on all you Canadians, my neighbours to the North get a backbone and send her packing, She would not get away with her shit in this state, or as she found out in Germany,ask her why she isn't teaching,ask her about what happened to boy friend,contact the last university she taught at they will fill you in.
    Come on Canada,she has to return to the USA every 6 months,refuse her entry back to Canada or do you want all our nut cases up there???

    Is it not against your rules to work in Canada on the type of visa she is there on? She is doing some consulting work may be hard to track down,however I can help as I am a friend of a friend of hers.

    Sorry for the ramble however here is what I found on her facebook group.

    "Jennifer Blum Can we contact the judge at all?
    14 hours ago · ReportFrancesca Rogier I'm working on getting an answer to that, Jennifer!'

    You can post this or not up to you,I will remain anonomyous for the time being till I feel comfortable with you than I will give you my e-mail and forward pages upon pages of information on Fran Rogier.

    A word to the wise , DON'T TURN YOUR BACK ON HER.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see that my comment is not published as of yet,so if I may add I have a dog,I also have a horse,and a pig my animals are well trained,and well behaved, I have been around animals all my life,and have made the personal observation that there are no bad animals just bad owners,please try to save Brindi from a bad owner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This has gone long enough Fran,for the love of Jesus please move on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, Anon, glad you dropped by. That probably explains why Fran is super pissed at Wayne right now. She is slandering him all over her twitter. She likes to think there are only 3 people posting and reading this blog. LOL

    We would love to give her back to you, and who knows maybe her next trip home will be her last one this side of the border. We can only hope.

    Some of what you had to say is not news to us, we have heard it before, but not in detail. I can assure you that if you choose to share anything with us it will be kept in strict confidence.

    Hope to see you posting again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope to God she does not contact the judge... I fear it will lead to Brindi's certain death. She is pissing people off that she shouldn't be.....why oh why is it SO hard for her to follow the rules???? As far as I'm concerned she has a gun to Brindis head and she's going to shoot it herself just to prove a point. That she is a bonified nut job! Jesus woman, let this dog go to someone that actually gives a damn about anyone else but themselves. Again, only a fame seeking degenerate would keep a court case going for 2 years. Anon, I certainly hope you can feel you can trust us and have the nerve to show this woman for who she truely is.

    ReplyDelete