Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Monday, March 5, 2012

Francesca's day in (or perhaps not) court.

Francesca Rogier What happened? They screwed me again. The trial was NOT supposed to begin on Friday. The judge had agreed to allow me to contest the charges.


Did you get a notice of another court date? The Judge might have gotten annoyed since you never did show up on time,
no court of law is going to wait for people to show up when ever they feel fit to do so.


HRM was looking for any chance to bulldoze things to start the trial I worked extremely hard on this difficult claim to challenge the warrant and the law, to get the charges dropped or stayed.


Oh sure, its the courts fault, you completely failed to follow its orders. I would not call this a difficult claim, you failed to follow the courts orders and allowed your dog to yet attack another dog.


I had a lot of very good arguments and research.


On how to keep your dog on a leash and muzzled?


But on the way to court I had an accident on the road, swerved several times back and forth into the left lane, ended up stuck hanging off the edge of the road, 12 feet above a drop, my car was held by a street sign and the tires were all up in the air. I nearly fell into the drop when I got out and I wrenched my back.


Well first of all, there is no drop on or near that road, further more we must wonder how come since your car was upside down, unless you super glued your tires on top of it, why nobody passing by called the police or even 911. Good thing that street sign was placed so close to this imaginary drop that it managed to stop the car from falling in.
And again while you were swirling across the road, nobody passing by on either side called?


A friend helped me call the courthouse and HRM; I called them twice myself - and gave them my cell number. I had to wait nearly two hours for a tow truck.


So the both of you had working cellphones but neither of you called 911 or the police for assistance while your car was laying upside down?


In the meantime the court clerk gave the judge the wrong message - she told her I would be there at 10:45 but neither of us said that at all; I only said I didn't know when and I would call to update. I didn't even know if my car was damaged.


Well that court clerk must have gone banana's, how dare this person give a judge false information!
??? Your car was laying wheels up but you did not know if it was damaged?


I got to the courthouse around 1 pm only to find that they had started the TRIAL at 10:45 and there was no turning back.


What did you expect the court to do, have a party and wait for a Francesca Rogier to finally show up?


They had also already entered evidence and heard a witness, both of which were improper and would never have been heard if the judge had let me present my case first.


This evidence would have been entered anyway, there is no way a judge would not allow it, and how do you know it was improper? since you failed to show up on time?


This is typical HRM action. I called Legal Services twice; found out later they didn't even call the prosecutor. I got an answering machine at the court clerk's office at 12:30 when I was leaving home. NObody ever called me back.


Sure the courts clerk's office is being run by answering machines, what, what, you left the house at 12.30? That was way to late don't you think? What were you doing at your house? at that time?


Things are really in bad shape now, my friends. The same damn nightmare as last time - when the judge was replaced with a new one who decided not to let me and my lawyer present our case to challenge the charges, and made me start the trial without being prepared. SAME THING this time, different way of going about it. This is hell. i really cannot say that the trial is fair.


What has not been fair is, a you not having followed court orders, not having been able to show up on time, faking a imaginary car accident, holding the court you claim treats you unfair up, accusing a court clerk of presenting false messages, claiming you destroyed city property (a sign post) without calling the police, claiming you only get answering machines even at the court house and claiming there was nobody at the road who gave you any assistance at your imaginary car accident even though your car was laying there wheels up!


I had to cross-examine witnesses totally cold, my back injured, trying desperately to remember what I prepared months ago; I was shaken from the car mishap, I had been out in the cold for nearly two hours, and I was up all night, focusing on the Charter claim.


Oh poor you, how inconsiderate of the court to not let you see a doctor, I take it you did take pictures of your car laying upside down and tried to have the judge look at them?


The only way HRM wins anything is to fight dirty. So they are fighting dirty. They even claim they haven't decided what they want to do with Brindi - until the question of guilt is decided - total nonsense! IF that were true, why did they say in 2010 and afterwards that they wanted her put down? Why don't they seize and detain every dog whose owner is charged with offences? And the verdict on the charges has NOTHING to do with whether a dog should be put down. It goes on and on, and my dear friends, I cannot take this anymore: I went to the doctor that night and he confirmed a back muscle sprain, gave me muscle relaxants and a NSAID and told me not to leave the house on the muscle relaxants. I do not know what to do, It was so unfair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Yes, we all get that, with the answering machines and all, plus you almost going down a steep drop, your car wheels up against a sign post, nobody helping, nobody stopping, no police in sight, no 911, they must all be operating on answering machines to, no cab you could have called and so on! Indeed how unfair.


12 comments:

  1. So now she knows she has pushed the law to the limits and they will no longer indulge her with her foolish lies and excuses. YAY TO THE COURTS OF NOVA SCOTIA, you may be slow but you do have limits.

    Now lets get this foolishness over with. Kick her useless ass out of Canada and please give Brindi another chance with a proper owner.

    BTW, I see another fund raiser coming, she needs car fixed from some stupid stunt she pulled and she needs help paying for all that useless copying.

    Doesn't it seem strange that every place she ever phones either has a message machine or can't take a message properly? Is there a huge sign on every wall in N.S. with her phone number with a big red X over it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well yes, that's all in the conspiracy to keep Brindi on death row but allow Francesca to keep raising money, for herself. Take notice people, she has been put out of her house but according to herself she stayed there until 12.30 plus the night before getting ready for court? You love your dog so much you have to do that the night before the court date? I think not! Please keep in mind HRM waned to re-home poor Brindi but her loving mom refused. On the net she claimed she offered to re-home Brindi which was a lie. I should know cause I offered to take her myself.

      Delete
  2. Many reputable rescues offered to take Brindi from day 1. They were refused by Fran. She needs the dog for fundraising.

    She is still touting Peta who has the worst record in the world for killing dogs, but Fran just loves them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm new to this story and just read this weeks article about the "Life änd Times of Brindi" I'm pretty disgusted at the 'woe is me' spin on the life of Fran Rogier. I am the single mother of a one year old, and I wish I had the luxury of a break from life. Why is a grown, capable, educated woman soliciting donations from the public if she has that kind of money? Most of us can only dream of someday coming into money that allows us to get out of debt and buy things like houses and cars outright. But people should donate money to her on top of their own expenses? Why cant she take out a loan, and take on some debt if she loves this dog so much? If my child was sick, I would sell everything i own, including my house, and sell my body on the street in order to pay for her treatment. Isn't brindi "like a child" to Fran? And it seems as though she is looking for some kind of sympathy that she now has to go to work to support herself? She only applied for a work visa in september 2010? considering she has lived here for 7 years, she must have put SOME kind of consideration toward having to someday return to work. She has an excuse for everything..

    “For Francesca, every day has got to be hell ... If she didn’t have bad luck, she’d have no luck. There’s no bright spot for her..

    Are you kidding me?!?!!? I have NO pity for someone whose life is shit because they chose to coast by and have nothing to fill their days besides an unhealthy obsession. So she chose to keep pursuing higher education her whole life, knowing the financial and emotional cost, but when it came time to pay off she deferred? she was "tired" and couldn't hack life, so she decided to do nothing? Must be nice. Apparently she hasn't had time to work around spending all day on the internet arguing with her detractors. Uhhh, as I said, im a single mom, there was a time recently where I had to "fight the good fight" in order to get something I truly needed for my family, and I had to do all of my fighting and case preparation in the hours that I wasn't working and raising my child, which meant sleeping 4 hours per night. Thats the nature of fighting for a cause you are passionate about. I refuse to buy into the idea that this is all a series of hard knocks that have befallen ms Rogier. She is a person who was lucky enough to have a shot at higher education. She got it, she kept wanting more, and on top of that, she was lucky enough to come into money that most of us can only dream of. She got to live in various parts of the world and experience lots of things, and got to basically go into a 7-year retirement right out of school even though she has the potential for a 6-figure salary. Poor Fran, bad luck/no luck indeed....This is what happens when someone goes to the media because they are upset about something, but assume that people won't ask questions. If she came into family money, wouldn't her sisters also have money? So why not ask them for help with Brindi's case instead of grifting strangers? This whole case is dodgy as hell and I can't believe that the article I read was written with a sympathetic tone toward ms Rogier considering the information provided. She sounds like an obsessive whack job with too much self-pity, entitlement issues and waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on her hands. Get a job, get a cat, get a life. I have a feeling that soon we will be hearing about her new fight to obtain welfare because she cant get a job here. If my kid attacked anyone that came close to our property, would anyone donate money to me and indulge me in righteous indignation that they would dare put my child in juvie? Hey Fran, you didn't take the responsible precautions that a person with an aggressive, territorial dog should take, stop chest-pounding and pearl-clutching in the media, it's you own fault, and now your poor dog, and all your supporters are the ones paying for it. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One more thing, it seems as though she is blaming the court for her lack of preparedness, but isn;t she claiming that she hasn't been able to work, because she spends all of her time focusing on the case? Then she should know every facet of it top-to-bottom, if she had to remember facts from "months ago", wouldn't that imply that she hasn't even bothered to look at any of it since that time? Too busy to work, indeed...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Bert, I can not do anything but completely agree with you. I thank you for your very sane reply!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys, I calls 'em as I see's 'em and this just reeks of bullshit to me. (Are we allowed to curse here?)
    Is there a post on the blog that is basicallt a timeline or summation of all the lies and important info for this "case"? there is a lot to catch up on, haha. I'm also curious, how did you regular contributors come together? is there a fb group with this theme? did any of you used to be be supporters or do you know this nutjob in real life? is there any idea/estimate of the amount of donations she has raked in?

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have all been supporters of hers at one time or another. Some of us have actually met her in real life. New people join us because they have supported her and then found out what was actually going on or she turned on them for asking questions she doesn't want to answer. Were you a supporter or just quick to see?

    This case is way to cumbersome and long to try and go back and do a timeline. If we had known how long it would drag out, maybe we should/could have done that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAH! Never... I had only heard about the first push for support then the second attack and knew right off the bat that this woman clearly believes that rules dont apply to her. If you take an issue public in order to garner sympathy and support, the onus is on you to follow through with your end of the bargain to maintain that support. By Brindi even being in a position to attack again, fran showed that she chose not to comply. No one's fault but her own.Had i donated even a dollar to that shrew, and then read her statements about how awful EVERYONE in HRM is, I would be camping out on her doorstep to demand every dime back. How long do you think the local police would let her sweat before they came to physically remove me? She has created this 'hell' for herself. Ungrateful to the Nth degree. Simple solution: LEAVE. from her writing, she seems like a melodramatic narcissist with an inability to accept responsibility for anything. Apparently HRM is responsible for her inability to work? and her dilapidated shack? Pretty sure that the fault for your lack of employment lies with your lazy, entitled, greedy, negative and ALWAYS indignant ass. I am very familiar with the international work visa/permanent resident status processes and none of her claims are adding up. There is NOOOOOOOOOOOO way in hell that anyone at the federal level would hold up or refuse her status over ANYTHING personal.They have important things like POTENTAL TERRORISM to look for, get over yourself. She seems to think she is embroiled in a soap-opera level vendetta when i doubt anyone gives two flying fig newtons about her. She spews generalizations about HRM's citizens as if we were the townsfolk of south park. Ms. Rogier, do I sound like some uneducated yokel to you? I am but a simple community college graduate and I could wax intellectual in CIRCLES around you and your almost-phd, that sits unused while you sit around trying to figure out the next best "woe is franny" angle. I read of her outrage over the couple who reported her for the the attack soon after Brindi's release. I am a huuuuge lover of animals and if a strange dog came at me and attacked me, my dog or my child, you can bet your sweet ass i'd boot that dog as hard as it took to let it be known I mean business, and I even agree with the statement that enraged her so much, that "I don't give a f%&* about any dog but mine". A-freaking-men. I have a responsibility to protect my family and my pet foremost, and that comes before my concern for anyone else's when they are the aggressor. Considering the young woman was pregnant, and they had no way of knowing that Brindi wouldn't turn around and attack her and put the unborn child's life at risk, oh "Hell Naw", I'd launch that dog onto the next block if it were my wife and unborn child. Period. If that labels me as a dog hater, then label all you like, human life takes precedent over a dog's, plain and simple.Her comments about Dawn Sloane are DISGUSTING. I know Ms Sloane and her family, and I follow her political statements and she has ALWAYS demonstrated a fairness and commitment to community that is rare in the current political climate. Shame on Fran and all of her supporters, if you can't see through her after all of this hard copy evidence as well as the way she deals with life and serious situations as demonstrated in her own writings, then you are a fool. The Life and Times article read as parody, i kept waiting for some kind of punchline. I understand that journalists should have no bias, but what they SHOULD have is a modicum of common sense. I hope Parker someday comes to the realization that while blogs are not exactly reliable source material, they ARE a starting point for research and contain a wealth of questions to be asked of ms rogier. The "public interest piece" on Brindi has been done to death, why wouldn't they see the potential for a new angle?

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOO HOO, Bert! What a great read your last comment was! (Love flying fig newtons).

    ReplyDelete