Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Saturday, November 19, 2011

NOW IS THIS CRAZY OR WHAT!

Francesca Rogier
One year ago on Nov. 19, I was forcibly evicted from the home I own by Halifax by-law officials and 3 RCMP members from Musquodoboit Harbour, without notice or prior order to remedy. When I checked my house two days later I found damage to the hot water heater and the well. And the dog run.
LikeUnlike · · Follow PostUnfollow Post · 52 minutes ago

*
*
*
*
*
*
50 of 62
*
o
Robert Blotnicky Why do we have moron ity officials who know nothing trying to tell an architect and two engineers that a building is not safe, when it is, and she had been living there for awhile? I don't get it. That makes no sense.
56 minutes ago · LikeUnlike · 1Loading...
o
Robert Blotnicky city*
55 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
o
Francesca Rogier My house was never failing to meet the building code: it was under a construction permit. The code for new construction cannot be applied until the work is done. It does not come under the tenancy laws because it is a private home that I live in.
55 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
o
Robert Blotnicky These people are acting like children who have power.
54 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
o
Francesca Rogier It makes perfect sense, Robert: they wanted to make sure I had no chance to get back to court and they want to stop me from saving Brindi's life at any cost - mostly my cost!
They did a similar trick of the law and the procedures to me as they did to Occupy Nova Scotia.
54 minutes ago · LikeUnlike · 1Loading...
o
John van Gurp Sometimes it feels like this city hates its citizens.
54 minutes ago · LikeUnlike · 1Loading...
o
Francesca Rogier It took the lawyers at HRM three weeks to figure out another (unjust) way to evict me, after I made sure the inspector could not credibly do it. He comes under provincial law. So they just sent orders to by-law and they came the next day - never set eyes on them before, and they said my fence (that the inspector ordered and passed) was no good, and that was a reason for eviction; when I challenged that, they said it was because the house was unsafe. When I asked what was unsafe, they said nothing and threatened me with arrest.
52 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
o
Robert Blotnicky Well lets put a stop to this, as well as the rest of it!!!
52 minutes ago · LikeUnlike · 1Loading...
o
Francesca Rogier I was denied the right of appeal on the excuse that the eviction was done on the "emergency clause" - a clause the law provides for cases where an order to remedy was issued (with 30 days to comply, and a week to appeal) and the owner ignored it. That was never done. The law does not explicitly rule out appeals under any circumstances; it would violate the Charter. But the councilor, Brad Johns, deferred to the HRM lawyer. Who of course had instructions.
I was denied the right to appeal the demolition order as well. They did a lot of very fancy, evil footwork throughout, then told me I had to go to the SUpreme Court to challenge it - which is untrue; I just found out I should have gone to the Nova Scotia Utility and Review Board, they oversee decisions on Heritage property.
50 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
o
Ozzy Josh Lucas I think City Hall should be decleared unsafe. that scafolding looks mighty big, and with the wrong gust of wind it can cause more damage and hurt people. :)
47 minutes ago · LikeUnlike · 1Loading...
o
Francesca Rogier HRM hit me with four things the day before I went to court to try (in vain) for that injunction (oct. 8, 2010 - the supreme court judge "declined" jurisdiction, by the way - very odd indeed!): around 8:30 am Immigration called me to check status. They knew my status very well; the guy was sarcastic and amused, in fact. Around 9:30, five guys piled out of two cars from by-law, with the inspector, and he pointed vaguely to some cracked wood at the base of the piers - on the ground, where it could not collapse anywhere! - and the piers being a bit crooked - they could also not collapse, by the way - and left. About an hour later I was served with a summons by the woman who seized my dog two weeks earlier (They have begun to use women lawyers, women cops, women dogcatchers, on purpose, notice that??) This is after the Herald published the wrong charges, two days earlier. Then, in the evening as I was trying to prepare for court the next day, HRM dumped me with its enclosure file, which made me ill.
46 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
o
Francesca Rogier I have heard that the scaffolding is not to code, actually, Josh; it apparently lacks the proper handrails.
46 minutes ago · LikeUnlike · 2Loading...
o
Amanda Lee Not to be a jerk, but this group isn't for this type of thing...
44 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
o
Francesca Rogier I would love to put a stop to it. I am broke now; the contractors fleeced me - taking advantage of the demolition order, which, by the way, was extremely illegal because it also gave me 30 days to do a foundation! Demolition orders are final. Orders to remedy are conditional.
44 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
o
Francesca Rogier So shoot me, Amanda!
44 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
o
Amanda Lee Ok....
43 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
o
Francesca Rogier This is how your city treats people who act in good faith. It is consistent with how it treated the occupiers.
42 minutes ago · LikeUnlike · 1Loading...
o
Robert Blotnicky Actually yes it is, Amanda. These are important issues relevant to what Occupy is trying to achieve. Not to be a jerk? Coulda fooled me.
42 minutes ago · LikeUnlike · 1Loading...
o
Francesca Rogier I was invited to join occupy by somebody on twitter using @occupyns. They tweeted me that the injustices I have had are what the occupy group is fighting.
41 minutes ago · LikeUnlike · 2Loading...
o
Ozzy Josh Lucas The city likes using Scientology Fair Game practice it seems. which writen by L Ron Hubbard in 1967 states

SP Order. Fair game. May be deprived of property or injured by
any means by any Scientologist without any discipline of the
Scientologist. May be tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed.
41 minutes ago · LikeUnlike · 1Loading...
o
Francesca Rogier Every time I show up in public supporting Occupy NS, donating materials, speaking, etc., the city makes a note of it.
40 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
o
Robert Riley Robert I have been a Brindi & Francesca supporter since 2008.I believe HRM is out to screw her any way they can because she dares to go up against them. I read your above post that you know retired judges that could help her.I would like to meet you personaly to talk about that post you made.
39 minutes ago · LikeUnlike · 2Loading...
o
Francesca Rogier After they kicked me out I had no place to go. I have no family or close friends. I was totally stressed out and traumatized already by losing Brindi again. I spent an awful winter, had to move three more times, tried in vain to appeal, finally bought a leaky old RV and froze my butt until I could go back to my house. I actually snuck back in and got thrown out about three or four times - lived in constant fear of the by-law car and the RCMP pulling into my driveway! IT'S MY HOUSE!
47 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
o
Francesca Rogier I tried to go to a women's shelter after the second time they threw me out in the dead of winter. They were great, except for one thing: they wanted me to leave my cat by herself all night, in an unheated closet, in a small cage with barely enough room for her litter box and food dishes. I could not do that to her. The city locked her in my house when they evicted me; she was locked in two more times.
44 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
o
Robert Blotnicky I have a connection to the old pheonix tears group, which formed around Rick Simpson before he went into exile. He has a few retired judges who are friendly to the movement who are trying to help him, and are totally into doing things like this. I'll send out an email to him and see if I can get their names and a way to contact them.
41 minutes ago · LikeUnlike · 1Loading...
o
Francesca Rogier So imagine, you worked hard all your life, to get into college and graduate, worked every summer, no vacations; worked like a dog at a low-paying teaching job, get overexhausted, decide to change the pace - and adopt rescue dog that was abandoned and abused, work like crazy to train it, did very well, and she's your family and constant companion - and they just come and take it to kill it without trial, without appeal, without a behavioral assessment even! And then they lose in court and keep her, and then start a trial, and pay off the SPCA to keep silent - and then what? They seize her again at the first opportunity - and even the HRM dispatcher tried to help, talked me into filing a report that the other dog attacked Brindi - and they fired her for it, and tried to get me charged with it - which did not work, as they were illegally recording the calls! It gets worse and worse, they stop at nothing.
39 minutes ago · LikeUnlike · 1Loading...
o
Francesca Rogier Simpson went into exile??
38 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
o
Robert Blotnicky Yes he is in europe. if he steps foot into Canada he goes to federal prison. They could send an interpol order to extradite him at any time, but that would do lots of political damage. So he is essentially in exile.
37 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
o
Francesca Rogier WTF???
37 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
o
Robert Blotnicky They cured over 2000 people's cancer. Nobody wants to really fuck with them... But this guy is the last member of PT that isn't on his way to jail soon. They killed the whole movement, rather quietly. All I know is that went AWOL, and then everyone all but forgot about it.
36 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
o
Ozzy Josh Lucas ‎:( i could never let that happen to my cats either :(
36 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
o
Francesca Rogier I blogged until feb. 2009, then was too harassed, stalked, and worried about the trial so I stopped; I could not keep going but I recently posted one post. Freebrindi.blogspot.com. There is also supportbrindi.blogspot.com and Save Brindi on FB. Online petitions in the thousands, paper petitions from 350 HRM residents, hundreds and hundreds of letters and calls to city hall and the SPCA did nothing.
36 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
o
Robert Blotnicky He went on vacation to europe, and then while he was out of the country, they sized two pounds of weed from my contact, then planted it into Simpson's home, then raided it again. My contact isn't being charged with it, cause they want it to look like simpson had the weed in his home, when he did not. they got word out to simpson what was going on, and not to come home, or he would be going to prison.
34 minutes ago · LikeUnlike · 1Francesca Rogier likes this.
o
Robert Blotnicky they are still awaiting trials. You should hear their stories. It's incredible how corrupt our judicial system is here.
33 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
o
Francesca Rogier BTW, the dogcatcher who took her - not a great guy, really, dispatchers complained about him -was fired, but not for that: he was fired for sending an email to Robert Riley, that Robert gave me to post, saying he did not support his bosses and the way they handled Brindi's case. I ran into him in June 2010 and he told me that he had filed a grievance against them the previous November. He also said the animal services managers are friends with high level men in the mayor's office and the police force, who support whatever they do, no matter what. I guess so!
33 minutes ago · LikeUnlike · 1Loading...
o
Ozzy Josh Lucas SPCA sucks. Old neibours of mine had a pitbull and rottie they would abuse constantly. They would ot take them away, and even after getting attacked by the pitbull they still wouldnt take them to a safe home. Mostly because the owners were informants for the cops, so they didnt want to make them upset. police would be there every week, even would mace the dogs. But instead of helping them, they said there was no proof of abuse. even with the scar on my arm, the SPCE still alowed them to keep abusing the dogs :(
32 minutes ago · LikeUnlike · 2Loading...
o
Francesca Rogier That's totally disgusting, Robert! No wonder 50% of immigrants who get through the nominee program end up leaving the province! It's toxic!
32 minutes ago · LikeUnlike · 1Loading...
o
Robert Blotnicky I've met with this guy a couple times in person, with robert Arthur Menard. So I know we have remedy in this.

Francsecsa, look up robert Menard... he can teach you how to gain immunity from by-laws if you are really serious about it. He was in town a little while ago. I will try to see if i can find a way to contact him, and see if he is still in HRM.
32 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
o
Francesca Rogier I saw his video, and tried to read stuff, but none of it made sense to me, to be honest!
31 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
o
Francesca Rogier I am not a Canadian, also, and he was talking about Canadian citizen rights.
31 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
o
Francesca Rogier Ozzy, that is a sad and unfortunately familiar story! I have a friend in Porters Lake whose dog was savaged twice by a boxer belonging to a drug dealer/possible informant in her area. She reported it - vet bills were astronomical, he never paid - and they seized his dog, but he got it back a week later, and taunted her about it. The dog attacked her dog at least two more times.
29 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
o
Francesca Rogier It all begins with animals: if you mistreat them, you will not hesitate to mistreat people.
29 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
o
Francesca Rogier So, today is a terrible private anniversary, or badiversary, for me. I thank you all for tolerating my posts.
27 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
o
Ozzy Josh Lucas ‎*hugs* :)
27 minutes ago · LikeUnlike · 1Loading...
o
Robert Blotnicky ‎*hugs* We will see what we can do to make the city fuck off. i promise you that.
26 minutes ago · LikeUnlike · 1Loading...
o
Francesca Rogier Thank you, Ozzy and Robert, I appreciate it!!!!
26 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
o
+ Mark as Spam
+ Report as Abuse...
Robert Blotnicky Oh and Francsenca.... time to start blogging again. You've got friends this time.
19 minutes ago · LikeUnlike · 1Loading...
o
Robert Blotnicky I can have this guy exposed so quick it makes his head spin. And Jak Thomas , I don't give a fuck if you know whats comin. Don't mess with Francesca Rogier , or the city will expose you for what you are.
18 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
o
Ozzy Josh Lucas haha Jak has sent me a few messages the last few days. Very hilarious.
12 minutes ago · LikeUnlike
o
Francesca Rogier I just found this: http://hempnews.tv/tag/rcmp/ I am horrified!
10 minutes ago

This was copied from occupyns and sent to me,I decided to post it as I received it I am not sure what to make of it,other than these people are off their rocker.

3 comments:

  1. More

    #
    Robert Blotnicky did you file a police report? Under what grounds were you being evicted?
    about an hour ago · LikeUnlike
    #
    GnatBear Liberta gah!
    about an hour ago · LikeUnlike
    #
    Francesca Rogier A year later, my neighbors are finally convinced the reason for eviction was to stop me from getting Brindi out of the pound. But not until they saw me endure a great deal more harassment, and the issuance of an unfounded demolition order by HRM for a house securely supported by four-foot piers and 50-foot I-beams, and is supposed to be protected by Heritage law, and finally, a tax bill of $11,000, all but $1,000 of which is the cost of a fence they had no right or reason to erect and boards they had no right or reason to put on my windows and doors – and next June, when that bill is unpaid, HRM will seize my house and auction it off. Meanwhile they still have Brindi, illegally, in breach of federal and provincial law.
    about an hour ago · LikeUnlike
    #
    Robert Blotnicky Ok, time to find a retired judge, and present your case. You need credible friends in this, and I happen to know many retired judges are friendly to these kinds of issues. they can lend credibility.
    about an hour ago · LikeUnlike
    #
    Francesca Rogier A police report? Oh yeah, I called the RCMP. They did not want to lay charges against HRM- they work for HRM.
    about an hour ago · LikeUnlike
    #
    Robert Blotnicky No, you have to have someone with credibility, force the process. If they think they can just scare you away, they will.
    about an hour ago · LikeUnlike
    #
    Robert Blotnicky So you were evicted because the city condemned your house due to it not being to code? Is that what you mean?
    about an hour ago · LikeUnlike
    #
    John van Gurp Some background: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/story/2011/02/17/ns-brindi-owner-loses-home.html
    about an hour ago · LikeUnlike · 1Loading...
    #
    Robert Blotnicky thanks!
    about an hour ago · LikeUnlike
    #
    Francesca Rogier The inspector had ordered me to 1. Get an engineer’s structural report (pay for it) saying the house was unsafe (really, that’s how he worded it); 2. Build a fence in one week (not really required by the code); 3. Get out in 3 weeks, and 4. Bring a contractor to the city to show them my plans and the deal and so on – totally outside of the law. I had a valid construction permit, good till 2012. I still have it.
    They intimidated my engineer into handing over his report, which had errors, and was greatly exaggerated – and which I used to add more structural supports which I did not need. The city by-law people concealed this fact from the demolition committee. And the public. So I spent about $4,000 for nothing.
    The house had been up on supports since late 2008 but it was not in violation of any codes. Nor did HRM ever tell me I had to vacate. And HRM was the reason for the delay in finishing construction – because they kept refusing to give Brindi back. I went through several lawyers who were unable/unwilling to challenge HRM and ended up representing myself in a trial that never should have happened, on charges that should have been dismissed.
    I am an architect. I was treated like dirt by the council appeals committee, the clerks, the heritage people, and the by-law officials. And my dog is still locked up and I have not seen her since Sept. 27, 2010.
    about an hour ago · LikeUnlike
    #
    Francesca Rogier Don#t read the Herald. They are full of shit!
    about an hour ago

    ReplyDelete
  2. More
    #
    Francesca Rogier I lost my house insurance thanks to the Herald publishing that my house was unsafe and I had no construction permit - LIES that they would not retract despite proof.
    I was allowed to go back into my house after I put in a bare-bones foundation - there is a lot more to this project, including a double garage - and I did not one thing to the rest of the house. If it was unsafe, and structurally unsound to the point that only demolition was possible (which is rarely the case with wood construction!), how come they let me go back in and withdrew the demolition order???
    about an hour ago · LikeUnlike · 1Loading...
    #
    Robert Blotnicky Why do we have moron ity officials who know nothing trying to tell an architect and two engineers that a building is not safe, when it is, and she had been living there for awhile? I don't get it. That makes no sense.
    about an hour ago · LikeUnlike · 1Loading...
    #
    Robert Blotnicky city*
    about an hour ago · LikeUnlike
    #
    Francesca Rogier My house was never failing to meet the building code: it was under a construction permit. The code for new construction cannot be applied until the work is done. It does not come under the tenancy laws because it is a private home that I live in.
    about an hour ago · LikeUnlike
    #
    Robert Blotnicky These people are acting like children who have power.
    about an hour ago · LikeUnlike
    #
    Francesca Rogier It makes perfect sense, Robert: they wanted to make sure I had no chance to get back to court and they want to stop me from saving Brindi's life at any cost - mostly my cost!
    They did a similar trick of the law and the procedures to me as they did to Occupy Nova Scotia.
    about an hour ago · LikeUnlike · 1Loading...
    #
    John van Gurp Sometimes it feels like this city hates its citizens.
    about an hour ago · LikeUnlike · 1Loading...
    #
    Francesca Rogier It took the lawyers at HRM three weeks to figure out another (unjust) way to evict me, after I made sure the inspector could not credibly do it. He comes under provincial law. So they just sent orders to by-law and they came the next day - never set eyes on them before, and they said my fence (that the inspector ordered and passed) was no good, and that was a reason for eviction; when I challenged that, they said it was because the house was unsafe. When I asked what was unsafe, they said nothing and threatened me with arrest.
    about an hour ago · LikeUnlike
    #
    Robert Blotnicky Well lets put a stop to this, as well as the rest of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait til they do some research and find out what they are dealing with....They best watch their backs.

    Retired Judges?? The whole legal community in N.S. knows this woman. Why is this American here causing all these problems?

    ReplyDelete